Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Reflection by Titus Ong

The cultural exchange programme to Bangkok, Thailand has been most fun and enjoyable. On Day 1, we arrived at the Wangree Resort and settled down. After a simple dinner, we played ice-breaking games with our Thai buddies. Day 2 was packed with adventurous activities conducted by professional Army Trainers to ensure safety. We went to a five-storey tower to attempt the Flying-Fox. After the Flying-Fox, we went for laser-gun shooting. It was my first experience with a ‘real’ rifle and sensed the impact of shooting was great. After our lunch at the resort, we embarked on water-rafting. Indeed, water-rafting was the most interesting event of the day. At night, we conducted an indoor campfire. Action-songs like Bumble Bee, Flea Fly were thrilling and we sang at the top of our voice.

On Day 3, we checked out from the Resort without hast and continued our journey to the Dream World which was my second visit. The rides and games were exciting although I’ve played them before. After the fun-filled rides at the Theme Park, we travelled to Rittiyawannalai School for Home-stay Induction Ceremony where we were introduced to our buddies’ parents. They were kind-hearted and warm. We had light refreshments prepared by the teachers. Later, Jovi and I were brought by our hosting family to dine on a ferry-restaurant. I was quite worried when I spotted a crocodile lying on the sand, below a nearby house.

On Day 4, we visited the school again to bid farewell to the teachers and students. At the same time, we put up a performance of dance and song. I was slightly nervous and almost got stage-fright. However, the local students applauded to give us support. Later we went to MBK Shopping Centre. I was strolling with five fellow friends and we almost lost our way while window-shopping in the spacious MBK. Thank God that we managed to find our way and meet up with our teachers. Time flew and the last day in Bangkok arrived. Before we travelled to the airport, we had the opportunity to visit another Shopping Centre, Commerical Square, where I happily bought souvenirs for my family members.

As I looked back and recalled the wonderful days in Bangkok, I was thankful for all the teachers from both Singapore and Thailand for making this unique and interesting learning journey a success. Thank you, teachers and fellow buddies in Thailand who had made this Goodwill Cultural Exchange Programme a memorable and fruitful one. I looked forward to meet my buddy Ding again in the near future.

Written by Titus Ong

No comments:

Post a Comment